All current job openings will be displayed on this page. Be sure to read the job descriptions fully and thoroughly to learn how to apply. The Clark County Public Library is an EEO/AA employer
Circulation Services Librarian, Full-Time
General Statement of Duties
Any volunteers assigned by supervisors
- Providing customer service at a busy community library serving a population of 36,000 residents
- Managing library user accounts, including processing fees and fines
- Handling book and media orders online and in person at a busy circulation desk fielding as many as 100 transactions per hour during peak seasons
- Organizing new and newly-returned materials, restocking shelves
- Preparing new materials with appropriate labels, security devices as directed
- Reporting any damage to equipment or materials to Circulation Managers and Head of Technical Services
- Preparing courier packages and reports for Interlibrary Loan as required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite and spreadsheet skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers and coworkers
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Outstanding work ethic, strong attention to detail, timeliness
- Strong interest in recreational and informational media of all kinds, including but not limited to books, recorded books, digital literature, music, local history, film, and magazines.
- Outstanding organizational and data entry skills
- Ability to keyboard 50 WPM with accuracy
- Ability to use number pad on keyboard with accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons
- Ability to respond to visual prompts on computer terminals
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to retrieve books from top and bottom shelves
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Training
- High school diploma / GED required.
- 2 or more years of customer service experience preferred, especially in library or bookstore trade.
- Enrollment in / completion of Associate/BA/BS preferred
Hours: Full time at 40 hours per week: some evenings, Saturdays & Sundays will be scheduled
Hourly pay: $9.25 to $11.15
Benefits: Medical and dental benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, Kentucky retirement
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until Wednesday. April 11.